In Lieu of Preschool was started in the summer of 2011 as an outlet for Genny Upton, a former teacher turned stay at home mom, to share teaching tips, educational activities for preschoolers, arts and crafts, and DIY projects. Over the past year and a half, it has evolved into a dynamic resource for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers of young children. In addition to the founding topics, In Lieu of Preschool now additionally features book reviews and recommendations, play ideas, parenting articles, product and curriculum reviews, printables, and occasionally Christian-themed posts. The site has a strong focus on being kid- and family-friendly, with a particular emphasis on the toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary years.
- BS in Elementary Education, concentration in English
- MA in Reading Education
- National Board Certification in Literacy: Reading-Language Arts: Early and Middle Childhood
- Taught 5th grade Reading and Language Arts for 5 years
- Taught for 2 years as a Title I Reading Specialist for grades K-5
About In Lieu of Preschool:
- Founded in May 2011
- Voted Circle of Moms Top 25 Homeschooling Moms 2012
Your brand can partner with In Lieu of Preschool in a number of ways including, but not limited to:
- ~Blog Ambassadorships
- ~Sponsored Posts and Product Reviews*
- ~Sponsored Campaigns and Outreach
- ~Twitter Party Hosting
- ~Sidebar Advertising on the Blog* (other ways to advertise also available)
- ~Advisory Board or Panel Member Position within your brand or event
- ~Affiliate Programs
- ~Sponsor a Play Date / Home Party
Blog Stats & Social Media Reach:
- 260,000+ monthly pageviews
- 147,000+ monthly unique visitors
- 7,900+ Facebook fans
- 1,360+ Twitter followers
- 28,700+ Pinterest followers (collaborator on many boards which have hundreds of thousands of followers)
- 670+ Google+ followers
- an expert on Sulia in many categories
…and growing daily!!
Advertising here is easy! Just email me to discuss placing an ad on our blog. Ads are mainly shown in the right side bar of the blog on all pages. Large spaces available! Email me to discuss placement and pricing.
*Sponsored Posts and Product Reviews:
Here are a few reviews I’ve done on the blog to give you an idea of the time and attention I put into them:
- – a pre-reading curriculum and here
- – painting tools from an arts and crafts store
- – a Bible study curriculum for kids
- – a children’s picture book
- – a local cupcake bakery
- – a children’s Christian music CD
If you have a product you’d like to spotlight, contact me about doing a product review on the blog! I do put lots of time and effort into my reviews, so I do charge a fee. You can email me for more details.
Of course, if you have any ideas on other partnerships or ways we can work together, please let me know! I look forward to working with you! Be sure to check out the testimonials in the comments section below!
Email me at email@example.com for any and all advertising inquiries! Thank you!
This post may contain affiliate links.