As part of the Introduction to US Geography for Little Kids series, today I shared an art activity on the Melissa & Doug blog: American Flag Easel Painting. My 5 year old LOVED this activity! It’s a great way to squeeze in lots of learning in a way that will keep kids’ attention! You just might end up with a frame-worthy painting from your little artist when it’s all done, too!
U.S. Geography for Kids: American Flag Easel Painting
Come read my post to find out:
- how to set up the activity
- the materials we used for the project
- details to focus on with your child before starting to paint
- extra information about the flag you can point out while your child paints
- ways to adapt the activity for preschoolers or younger children
- suggestions of extension activities for continuing learning
Here are some additional photos of the flag painting activity to give you a sneak peek at all the fun and learning that took place!
I didn’t mention it, but this easel activity is also great for fine motor skills practice, developing concentration, paying attention to details, following directions, and as a pre-writing activity, building those hand and arm muscles for future writing activities!
This post may contain affiliate links.