I’ve had lots of questions about when to start reading chapter books with kids and what chapter books to start with, so I thought I’d keep a running log of the chapter books I’ve read with L&L.
Chapter Books for Preschool
#9: James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
#10: The Puppy Place series by Ellen Miles
#11: Lulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst
#12: Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
#13: Mercy Watson book series by Kate DiCamillo
#14: Lulu Walks the Dogs by Judith Viorst
#15: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
#16: My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett
#17: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Do preschoolers understand chapter books?
- #3 of the Top 5 Most Important Things to Do with Your Toddler/Preschooler
- HELP! My Child Doesn’t Like Books! — 25 ideas to get your little one to love reading
- Reading Strategy Tip #1: Making Real-Life Connections
- Reading Strategy Tip #2: Encourage Story-Telling Through Play
- Strategies to Use When Reading with a Child
- Creating Comfy Reading Spaces: Reading in Bed
- Creating Comfy Reading Spaces: DIY Rain Gutter Book Shelf for Kid’s Beds
- Creating Comfy Reading Spaces: Our Audio Book Listening Area
Which chapter books do you recommend for preschoolers?
This post may contain affiliate links.