Here’s what we did:
- Color a piece of paper first. Thinner is better b/c it’s easier to cut when folded.
- Fold one corner down to the opposite edge and crease the paper; cut off the extra so that your initial piece of paper is square.
- Then fold it into triangles. For beginners, only fold it a few times because the thicker it is, the harder it is to cut.
- Use a pencil to draw easy to cut out shapes. For Luke, age 3, I just drew a few triangles around each edge since he’d be able to cut out the shapes with 2 simple snips. I helped him if the triangular part didn’t come off on its own after his 2 snips.
- Then unfold the paper and tape the snowflakes on your windows for a pretty winter display.
It’s the closest thing we have to snow around here on these crazy 60 degree January days!!
This post may contain affiliate links.