Scholastic is offering $1.00 deals on over 500 downloadable teacher ebooks!! The purchase is tax-free, too! I think I bought 27 already and am holding myself back from getting more!! Offer expires 5/31/11! Most of these books would cost you $10+ in print, so this is an amazing deal. I actually prefer the ebook style because it allows me to easily print the pages I want instead of having to bend my book up laying it on a copier! Plus, ebooks take up remarkably little shelf space. 😉
To buy the books, you simply put the books you want in your cart, checkout with paypal, and then you can download your books right away!
Instead of viewing (or while viewing) the PDF file within the browser, you can choose to download the PDF file directly to your computer by following these steps:
1. Right-Click on the “Download Item Now” link.
2. Choose “Save Target/File As”.
3. Save the file to the location of your choice.
You only get 3 chances to download a book. I have slow internet and one of my books used up all 3 download attempts before I got the page to load. I emailed customer service and within 24 they sent me a link to the expired book. 🙂
I’ve only had a chance to browse the books I downloaded so far, but here are some of my favorites for the PreK – grade 2 range:
- The Great Big Book of Classroom Songs, Rhymes & Cheers
- Pre-Writing Practice Pages
- Teaching Early Concepts With Photos of Kids
- Little Kids . . . Mold & Paint!
- 100 Riddle Poems For Pocket Charts
- Math Riddles & Mini-Posters that Build Early Problem-Solving Skills
- Counting Caterpillars and Other Math Poems
- 50 Thematic Songs Sung to Your Favorite Tunes
- 26 Interactive Alphabet Mini-Books
We are going on vacation next week, so I am going to send all the PDFs to my Kindle so I can browse them while I’m on the beach!
(Yes, that sounds wonderfully relaxing to me!!!) If you have a Kindle, you can send personal files to your device for free via USB. It’s pretty simple to do. Here’s the Amazon page that’ll give you all the information you need to set it up: Transferring, Downloading, and Sending Files to Kindle. 🙂
If you’re impressed by any of the $1.00 ebooks, please share — so I can make sure I downloaded it already!!! 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links.