Welcome to Tuesday Tots! This week I’m featuring lots of ladybug activities for kids from the Tuesday Tots linky and from our archives. I grew up calling these insects ladybugs, but have also learned people call them ladybird beetles and lady beetles as these aren’t truly bugs. Whatever you choose to call these 6-legged cuties, the included activities cover math, art, crafts, science, and fun food for hours of play and learning. You could do a whole unit on ladybirds! Perfect for spring!
Tuesday Tots is a weekly link-up sharing posts for kids 5 and under co-hosted by In Lieu of Preschool (me), Rainy Day Mum, Growing a Jeweled Rose, and Learn with Play at Home. Be sure to follow our Tuesday Tots Pinterest board!
7 Ladybug Activities for Kids
1. Ladybug Printable Count & Clip Cards from The Measured Mom — Kids can practice counting up to 20!
2. Life Cycle of a Ladybug Craft from Reading Confetti — Great as a go-along activity to actually raising ladybugs.
3. Fingerprint Ladybug Art from Maro’s Kindergarten — So simple and so cute!
4. Roll-a-Dot Ladybug Addition Game from Trillium Montessori — This post features LOTS of bug and insect activities for kids!
5. Ladybug Lunch by In Lieu of Preschool — The only time I’d ever voluntarily eat buggy food!
6. Ladybugs on a Leaf Printable by The Measured Mom — A number recognition activity with 3 different printables to provide varying difficulty levels.
7. Ladybug Pinata from Preschool Powol Packets — Craft a pinata for Earth Day, an upcoming birthday, or just because it’s fun!
Now on to this week’s link-up!
Be sure to read all the guidelines for linking up here first!
This post may contain affiliate links.