At our house, we don’t watch a lot of TV but we do listen to a lot of music!! I’ve compiled a list of our favorite music albums for kids below for your listening pleasure! Most of these I love as much as the kids. I’ll continually add to and update this list, so be sure to save it for future reference!
Our Favorite Music Albums for Kids
(in random order)
1. The Best of the Laurie Berkner Band by Laurie Berkner
3. Questions with Answers: Vol. 1 by Songs for Saplings
4. Get Set for School Sing Along by Handwriting Without Tears
7. ABCs by Songs for Saplings
8. Home is an Island by Captain Rob and Sundae Horn
11. Wee Sing Animals, Animals, Animals by Pamela Conn Beall
12. Wee Sing Bible Songs by Pamela Conn Beall
13. Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies from the Film Curious George by Jack Johnson
As always, I recommend you listen to these yourself first before playing them for your children.
One of our favorites — Home is an Island — does have one or two words that I ask my children to never sing/repeat, but that is one of our most loved albums. The singers are from Ocracoke, an island off the coast of North Carolina, and we were blessed to hear them sing at a concert there right after one of my children had been born. Sundae Horn sang “Home is an Island” and it moved me to tears. Not subtle ones, but the big, fat run down your cheeks kind. We bought their CD and I cried the next five times we played the song in the car. While it no longer makes me cry, it is still one of the most moving songs I know. Definitely worth checking out. My kids also love the fox song a lot from that album!!
What are some of your favorite music albums for kids?
This post may contain affiliate links.