Something about the number 25 is appealing to me right now, so I thought I’d share with you another “25” post.
Here are our 25 MOST Favorite Picture Books (in alphabetical order):
- Bear Feels Scared by Karma Wilson
- Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
- Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
- Corduroy Lost and Found by B. G. Hennessy
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems
- Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car by Eileen Christelow
- Freight Train by Donald Crews
- The Gingerbread Man by Jim Aylesworth
- Go, Dog. Go! by P. D. Eastman
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- The Lady with the Alligator Purse by Nadine Bernard Westcott
- Little Bunny Foo Foo: Told and Sung by the Good Fairy by Paul Brett Johnson
- The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper
- Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
- Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Seuss
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin
- Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC by June Sobel
- Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen (and an activity post here)
It was REALLY hard to narrow the list down to 25 favorites–I had to cut some books that we really love. Some of the books on the list have been favorites for years and some are newer additions to the list. For a more comprehensive list, check out the tab at the top of the blog page: Picture Books, which lists these 25 favorites and many, many more! 🙂
If you missed the first two “25” posts, check them out here:
This post may contain affiliate links.