Washing your rock collection
Washing a rock collection is a great way to have a little fun while practicing fine motor skills and incorporating some sensory play. As you can tell from the color of the water, our rocks were REALLY dirty!
Items needed for washing your rock collection:
- Rock collection
- The dirtier, the better…although washing a clean rock collection is still fun because the water will often change the color of the rocks or bring out more detail in them.
- Bowl with warm water on a tray
- Scrub brushes (I let them use my kitchen scrubbers)
- Tray with towel to put cleaned rocks to dry
- Waterproof mat or fleece blanket for everything to sit on (optional)
This post may contain affiliate links.