Tomorrow is November 1st and before you know it, Thanksgiving will be here! This list shares some of our favorite kids books to look at and read this time of year. Be sure to take the list with you to the library or book store next time you go!
Books marked with an * were recommended by readers. Thanks for sharing!! If you have other Thanksgiving book suggestions, please leave them in the comments below and I will get them added!
Thanksgiving Books for Kids:
- Biscuit is Thankful by Alyssa Satin Capucilli*
- Happy Thanksgiving, Biscuit by Alyssa Satin Capucilli*
- If You Sailed On…The Mayflower in 1620 by Ann McGovern
- If You Were At…The First Thanksgiving by Anne Kamma
- The Pilgrims’ First Thanksgiving by Ann McGovern
- The Story of Thanksgiving by Nancy J. Skarmeas
- T is for Turkey: A True Thanksgiving Story by Tanya Lee Stone
- Thank You by Berryland Books
- The Thanksgiving Door by Debby Atwell
- Thanksgiving is For Giving Thanks! by Margaret Sutherland
- Thanksgiving Is Here! by Diane Goode
- The Ugly Pumpkin by Dave Horowitz*
- This First Thanksgiving Day: A Counting Story by Laura Krauss Melmed
A few of these books are non-fiction and would not make for very high interest “cover-to-cover” reads…unless your child is very into pilgrims or history! However, you can use the pictures and excerpts from the text to engage your child on their level while still interacting with the books and teaching them about Thanksgiving!! For these types of books, you could also just plan to read short passages out of them daily for the month of November to keep your child interested.
Do you have any to add?
This post may contain affiliate links.